Question And Answer On The Duties Of Class Monitors And Prefects
- Who Is A Class Monitor?
- Who Appoints Class Monitors?
- List The Functions Of Class Monitors
- How Is Noise Making Controlled The Class?
- Who Gives Class Members Punishment If They Make Noise In The Class?
- What Are The Qualities Of Class Monitors And Other Prefects?
Who Is A Class Monitor?
Who Appoints Class Monitors?
The Teacher is the one that appoints the class monitor.
List The Functions Of Class Monitor
The class monitor performs various functions, which include:
- The monitor sees to it that the class is organized. He ensures that the class is swept every day and on time. He keeps a roaster of the class. Anybody who disobeys is reported to the Teacher.
- The monitor ensures that the chalkboard is cleaned regularly or at the end of every lesson. This means that the monitor will ensure that the class has a duster.
- The class monitor must control noise makers in the class. The names of noise makers are written and handed over to the Teacher, who punishes them.
- The class monitor must collect school materials like exercise books and teachers’ aid and makes his classmates have them if instructed to do so. He also ensures that materials like chalk and red pen are available for the teachers.
- The class monitor also must run errands for their class teacher. The Teacher sends him on class errands or other messages, which he executes promptly.
- The class monitor must get the class’s share anything sharedanythingchool and, in turn, share I,t accord,ingly with class members. This could be information class shared during manual labor or other gifts shared class by class.
How Is Noise Making Controlled In The Class?
Noise making is controlled in the class by the class monitor by writing the names of noise makers and handing them over to the Teacher, who gives them punishment.
Who Gives Class Members Punishment If They Make Noise In The Class?
The Teacher is the one that gives class members punishment if they make noise in the class.
What Are The Qualities Of Class Monitors And Other Prefects
Some of these qualities include:
- Intelligence: They are always intelligent people. This will help them to control the class without much stress. Because they are intelligent, they can combine other works with their studies without problems. Class monitors and other prefects always pass their examinations.
- Humility: Class monitors are always humble people. It is not given to a proud person. They are always willing to serve, obey their teachers, and work with their classmates.
- Hard-working: Class monitors are always hardworking. They effectively combine their duties with the class work and still come out tops.
- Punctual: They are always punctual to school activities. They come to school early and do their assignments on time. They are always in school before other pupils and arrange things for schooling.
- Regular: They are always regular in school. They do not miss school. Every day they are in school and on time too. This is why they always organize and conduct morning assemblies.
- Neatness: Monitors and other prefects are always very clean people. They wear approved school uniforms, brush their teeth, polish their sandals, and comb their hair. They always look attractive and smart.
- Obedient And Good Manners: Class monitors and other prefects should be obedient to their teachers and elders; they should run errands for them. Other pupils emulate their obedience to school authorities. They should also have good manners by being polite to their teachers and elders.
- Moral Courage: They should be people who have moral courage, know the good from the bad, and stick to the good in their judgment even when their classmates want them to do otherwise. They should enforce good morals on their mates.
- Endurance: Monitors should be students who endure or bear suffering, especially when it comes from classmates.