Ryerson University Scholarship presents the Ted Rogers MBA Black Graduate Leadership Award which has been developed to assist full-time or flex full-time Black graduate scholars pursuing their academics at the Ted Rogers School of Management.
This is a great opportunity for international students to partake in the 2022/2023 academic year in Canada. The award covers MBA level program(s) in the field of Business Administration taught at Ryerson University. The deadline of the scholarship is 18th Feb, 2022. These scholarship awards acknowledge demonstrated leadership and community involvement, and alleviate some of the financial burden associated with graduate education.
Ryerson University – About
Ryerson University is a public research institution of higher learning situated in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The school’s main campus is located in the Garden District, though it also runs facilities somewhere in downtown Toronto. The university runs seven academic divisions/faculties, the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Community Services, the Faculty of Communication and Design the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science, the Faculty of Science, the Lincoln Alexander School of Law, and the Ted Rogers School of Management. Some of these faculties are further organized into smaller departments and schools.
Ryerson was founded in 1948 as the Ryerson Institute of Technology, titled after Egerton Ryerson who was a conspicuous contributor to the structure of the Canadian public school system and the Canadian Indian residential school system.
In 1964, it was acknowledged under provincial legislation, and retitled Ryerson Polytechnical Institute. The institution was allowed to have limited degree-granting powers during the 1970s, and was restructured into a full-fledged university in 1993, then renamed Ryerson Polytechnic University.
In 2002, several years after the university’s school of graduate studies was established, the university took on its present name, “Ryerson University.“ On August 26th, 2021, the university declared it would be given a name due to reconciliation of Egerton Ryerson’s contribution in the residential school system; nevertheless, the school’s new name has not been decided or announced yet.
Ryerson University Scholarship – Summary
- Funding Type: Partial Funding
- Awarding Institution: Ryerson University
- Program: MBA
- Course: Business Administration
- Eligible Applicants: International Students
- Country: Canada
- Deadline: 02/18/2022
Benefits of Ryerson University Scholarship
Recipients of Ryerson University Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- The expendable funds will offer about three (3) $10,000 awards yearly starting in the 2022/2023 academic year. Funding for the award will be made available to qualified students in the Fall/Winter terms.
Eligibility for Ryerson University Scholarship
To meet the criteria for Ryerson University Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Nationalities: All nationalities
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens, permanent residents/ landed immigrants or protected individuals who have been allotted a Protected Persons Status Document (PPSD) and have been accepted to the Flex Full-Time MBA Program or Ted Rogers MBA Full-Time.
- Applicants who self-identify as Black are also eligible to apply.
How to Apply Ryerson University Scholarship
To avail Ryerson University Scholarship, please follow the guidelines below:
- Compose a 500-word statement detailing leadership and community involvement.
- Fill out a budget form proving financial need.
- Sign-off on declaration.
- The moment a student has been enrolled into the MBA program, they have to fill out the PDF fileTed Rogers MBA Black Graduate Leadership Awards form here. It opens in new window which includes their 500-word statement, budget form and declaration.
- Students would then scan and forward this form to [email protected] . The subject line to be used is “Ted Rogers MBA Black Graduate Leadership Award” by the February 18th, 2022 first consideration date. Award submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis past the first consideration deadline based on funding availability.
To inquire further about Ryerson University Scholarship, please visit the official webpage.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.