1. Dikan'ny Fanjakana
2. Characteristics Of Monarchy
Inona ny A Monarchy?
A monarchy may be defined as a type of government by one individual. This individual may be a king, queen or Emperor.
However, it should be noted that hereditary monarchy is the normal type, But elective forms do exists also. The essence of monarchy is the personification of the majesty and sovereignty of the state in an individual.
1. Ownership Of Government: The government of the country is in the hands of a king, emperor or queen.
2. Age-Long Form Of Government: Monarchy is an age-long form of government.
3. lova: ny a type of government that is mifototra amin'ny lamina manaranaka.
4. No Constitutional Limitation: In some forms of monarchy, E.g tanteraka monarchy, ruler has no constitutional limitation.
5. Stable Political System: Monarchy can bring about a stable political system.
Types Of Monarchy
1. Constitutional Monarchy
2. tanteraka fitondram-panjaka
1. Fanjakana ara-dalàna: A constitutional monarchy is one that is subject to legal limitation, the powers is regulated by the constitution. The monarch can promulgate those laws which are agreed to be the elected parliament.
2. tanteraka Fanjakana: tanteraka monarchy is not subject to any legal limitation. This occurs when there is no established constitutional authority to check the kings power.
Examples are: Frederick the Great of Russia (1743-1786), Louis XLV of France (1643-1715) etc.