1. Meaning Of Citizenship
2. What is the meaning Of Citizenship Education
3. Goals Of Citizenship Education Or Reasons For Effective Citizenship In Nigeria.
Download 11 Ziler vun der Staatsbiergerschaft Ausbildung déi Dir net wësst as PDF to read later on your own.
Meaning Of Citizenship
Citizenship is defined as the state of being a citizen, especially of a particular country with all the nights and priviledges. If you have citizenship rights of a country, you are legally accepted as belonging to the country. In this respect a person can be said to have Nigerian Citizenship, in which case, he is a Nigerian citizen.
A citizen is, therefore, a person who has full right as a Member vun a country, either by birth of by being granted such rights. A citizen equally mean a national. That means, a person can be describe as a Nigerian citizen of Nigerian National. If he is entitled to all the right given by the Nigerian state to all its citizens.
What Is The Meaning Of Civic Education?
Citizenship Education is the training that impact knowledge and skills to persons with the aims of transforming them into good citizens.
Citizenship Education can also mean the process of enlightening citizen on their right privileges and responsibilities. It could also mean the form of education given to citizens of a country with the view of making them responsible individual members of the society who are committed to the meaning development of the society.
Citizenship education can further be defined as the type of education which instills desirable values, attitudes, skills and knowledge into individuals to enable them participate actively in the affairs of their group or adjust functionally as good citizens.
Goals Of Citizenship Education Or Reasons For Effective Citizenship Education In Nigeria
1. To promotes good governance by creating political awareness in the citizens.
2. To educate people on their duties and right as citizens.
3. To inculcate the democratic culture in the lives of our citizens, including choosing and changing the leadership of the country.
4. To promote ethical training and disciplined conduct amongst students.
5. To promote balance education that will need to all-around development of the individual including akademesch competence, political and social awareness and healthy-living.
6. To ensure the production of responsible, well informed, self-reliant and good citizens.
7. To help student to appreciate the values of the Nigerian Society.
8. To create insight into the social problems of the Nigerian society with a view to proffering solutions.
9. Encourage national integrated.
10. Prepare the youth for future leadership roles.
11. Instill in the youths high moral standard which are acquired for the development of the country.