Table Of Contents
- Meaning Of Intercommunal Relationship
- Importance Of Intercommunal Relationship
- Skills Need For Resolving Intercommunal Conflicts
Meaning Of Intercommunal Relationship
Intercommunal relationship is a relationship which exists between two or more communities. They relate to contribute to the peaceful and harmonious development of the society/communities and bring people of the various communities together.
Importance Of Intercommunal Relationship
1. Promotion Of Peace And Unity: A positive intercommunal relationship will promotes peaceful situation and environment coupled with the abilities of uniting the community members together.
2. Enhancement Of Security: It is the duty of a positive inter-communal relationship to enhance and ensure stable security consciousness in their communities. This will help to remove the fear of violence, war of any kind between the communities involved.
3. Promotion Of Intercommunal/Tribal Marriage: A responsible intercommunal relationship will promote tribal marriage by allowing the citizens and community members to marry from their neighbouring communities.
This will enhance willingness for the communities to give out the hands of their sons and daughters in marriage with each other.
4. Promotion Of Political Development: A positive intercommunal relationship promotes political development of different kinds and ensures that concerned communities participate in issues related to political enhancement in their various communities.
5. Promotion Of Economic Progress: A responsible and positive intercommunal relationship will enhance peaceful atmosphere and strategies for each other business like inter-marketing strategies, inter-agriculture strategies etc.
6. Promotion Of Government Programmes And Policies.
Skills Need For Resolving Intercommunal Conflicts
1. The Law Court: Intercommunal conflicts can be resolve through the law court by using legal method. Any community that felt cheated can present her case to court.
2. Dialogue: The opposing communities can meet to map out how to resolve differences or disputes between them.
3. Mediation: Government can set up special panel to mediate between communities in conflicts.
4. Community Leaders: Communal conflicts can be resolve by the leaders of the various communities like Oba’s, Obi’s, Emirs, Chiefs etc.
5. Peace Keeping Force: Special peace keeping force like army, air Force, navy, mobile police etc can be especially set up by government to restore peaceful situations in the communities. Such will help secure lives and properties of individual.