A House is just a building. Housing includes the many different types of shelter in which people can live. Housing can fulfill important needs of individuals and families. A house that offers opportunities to meet the needs of a family becomes a home.
A Home is a house in which a family lives. A home is therefore an abode or dwelling place for a family. It is more than a house. A home is the place where the family members can do so many things together, such as:
1. Share their interests, activities, joys, love and troubles.
2. Can relax, and be at ease.
3. Live and work together for the benefit of each other and the whole family.
4. Prepare food and eat together.
The Following Family Needs Are Met In The Home:
1. Physical Needs
The physical needs of the family are those for survival, such as shelter, air, sunlight, rest, sleep, food, safety, etc. Housing should offer safety for the family and their belongings.
2. Emotional Needs
The emotional needs include, comfort, privacy, a place of recreation and relaxation.
3. Social Needs
There Are Issues That Relate To Home, For Instance
3. It meets the shelter needs of the family.
4. It must provide comfort and security for the family.
5. It should be furnished to meet family needs and taste.
7. There must be communication among family members in the home.
8. Families often share the same cooking utensils and eat together in the home.
9. Family members share love, companionship and intimacies in the home.
10. Families sometimes experience different types of violence in the home.