It might take time for you to get used to the new number after purchasing a sim. Even more embarrassing is if you are asked for your number by someone else. In that situation, you will need a shortcode to help you quickly locate your MTN number.
MTN Group introduced a USSD shortcode to avoid this. The USSD shortcode allows you to check your phone number quickly, and this shortcode can be used to verify your Ghanaian phone number.
How to Check MTN Ghana’s Phone Number
To check your MTN Ghana number, dial *156#. Your number will appear on your phone’s screen. Follow the prompts to locate your number if you are not getting any prompts.
How do I check my own number?
- Use the mobile code to check it.
- You can use SMS to check it by texting someone with you.
- Or make use of your android phone through settings and mobile version.
How can I check my mobile number in Ghana?
How do I check my MTN number via SMS?
- To check your MTN number through SMS is simple, just compose or write anything and send it to a friend with you or anyone close to you.
- You can use the shortcode if you don’t have airtime.